Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year From Heaven!

Happy New Year from Heaven! I wanted to take a minute to stop by and say Hi! Things are great here – and how couldn’t they be?! You just can’t imagine how beautiful a place it is. I remember before taking my trip into eternity, I used to think about what Heaven would be like. And although I figured it was pretty amazing, I really had no idea! The awesome wonder of this place is more than I can put words too. I can’t wait for you to see for yourself the glorious splendor. That reminds me … If you don’t know the Way to get here, please get someone to introduce you to Jesus! Jesus said “I am the Way”! You can’t get here without Him. If you seek Him you will find Him. Read John 14 in your Bible. It’s almost like a map. Jesus is the Way. It’s true! I’ve seen Him for myself. And I can’t wait to see your faces when you see His face in person!

Speaking of Jesus, Heaven pales, simply pales in comparison to the shining Glory of my precious Lord, Jesus Christ! I know that you were sad when I left the earth but the day I met my sweet Jesus face to face can only be described as uncontainable elation. A euphoric joy unobtainable in our earthly state! I ran to Him as he called me into His presence and I threw myself face down on His feet. He was glowing and so beautiful, I felt too unworthy to even look at him. I hid my face. But He lifted me up into his robe-draped arms, turned my face to His and whispered, “Well done, thy good and faithful servant.” The angels shouted Hosannas in the highest! There was music and dancing and unending worship and praise. My cancer-ravaged body was gone and I was refreshed and renewed, dressed in fine linens and welcomed by bands of angels everywhere! What a glorious day it was! I hated to leave you all behind – but I promise when you get here you’ll understand! I sent you a rainbow to let you know I arrived ok. Did you see it?

One of the angels took me by the hand and led me into a room filled with treasures beyond your mind’s comprehension. In the middle of the room there was a table draped in purple silk and covered in crowns. They dazzled in the light of the Precious Lamb, finely crafted in casts of platinum, gold and covered in diamonds, rubies, emeralds and every kind of precious stone. They were more than priceless, I’m sure! I’m not bragging but they were all for me! I remembered hearing something about these crowns – sort of rewards for doing Jesus’ work on Earth. It was a nice gesture, it really was! But even those crowns and their astounding richness were mere trinkets compared to the Glory of the Most High God! I took those crowns and threw them at Jesus’ feet! I haven’t had that much fun in years! He laughed and He was pleased with me while I danced and shouted praises to His Name. The crowns crashed onto the floor, broke into pieces, sending shards of diamonds, precious stones and sparkling slivers of gold bouncing all around his Holy Feet. It was a priceless dust trail, dragged all the way to the throne by the hem of His robe. I’d never imagined such a sight, such a precious sight!

When I turned to leave His presence I was suddenly staring into the face of my beloved son Devan! How I had longed to hold my baby again! I fell into his embrace, kissed his face all over and held onto him for what felt like forever. My baby – so healthy and well in his restored body! And of course as handsome as he ever was. He was so very happy to see me too. He said they’d all been expecting me and had set a place at the table. They had fixed a heavenly meal for my arrival! I couldn’t wait to see everyone! Johnny walked up and took me by my hands. “It’s about time you got here!” He said! “Did you get lost on the way?!” You know Johnny, always the kidder! It was so great to be in the arms of my family again! We walked down the streets of gold together, holding hands and catching up with each other. They walked me home. Everyone was there! I was with my mom and dad, grandparents, sisters, friends and so much family!! All of these beautiful people that I had grieved so hard over were here and had come together just to welcome me! What a celebration!! Just so you know … I’ll be here for you when you make your own journey. It’s just how we do things here!

I know that my leaving has been very hard on some of you. Believe me, I miss you too. I’m not sad at all because we don’t hurt up here but I’m very much looking forward to seeing you as soon as you can get here! To my sweet grandchildren and great-grandchildren, please know that even though I’m not there in the physical world, I’m very much there in your hearts! I know when you talk to me and I’m watching you grow into the fine young men and women that you all have become! I’m still very much a doting grandmother and not a day goes by that I don’t nudge someone, point down to the earth where you are and say, “That’s my grandkid!” Laicee and Carl – what amazing parents you both are and raising precious, precious babies! Now if Heidi and Jason will just bring a few kids into the world it would make my heart proud! Your father says the same thing! He also thinks that one of you should name a baby “Great Dev-eny”? He sends his love, by the way and wants you to know that he’s fine and will see you when you get here.

Sweet Matthew, Nana loves you very much – please don’t cry for me anymore. I saw you when you were baptized. I want you to know that the angels sang when you came up from the water! Don’t you worry yourself about this anymore. Jesus knows your heart and he’s written your name in the Book of Life. Please believe that I’ll see you again – just not one minute before it’s time. Be a good boy for your mom and help her. I know how she’s struggled.

My darling daughter Jonna … I love you Toot. And I’m sorry that I had to leave you when I did. My body couldn’t take another breath. If you saw where I was you wouldn’t cry another teardrop for me. I’m in beautiful Heaven with all the family! You always cared about my happiness – and I’m so happy now. I love you so much! I’ve seen the way you’ve grieved for me, longed for me and cried yourself to sleep some nights. I promise you will see me again – you can believe it because you know the Way. So dry your eyes my precious baby girl and start living a good and purpose-filled life again! Serve others with a joyful heart and make sure that everything you do you do it for the Glory of the Lord. Now that I’m here I have seen the plans that He has for you. It’s more than you could ever dream of! There’s a reason you’re the last one. I can’t tell you now but it’ll all make sense one day, I promise. Raise your son to love God, be a good servant for Jesus and a light in the World. He’s going to be something grand someday – and he needs YOU there to guide him along the way. Just put every ounce of your faith and trust in Jesus and everything will be fine. I’m not there to help you anymore – but Jesus is. Don’t worry. And please, stop crying for me. Back in the Hospice House I heard you tell me it was ok for me to go. And now I’m telling you that it’s ok to stay! We’ll set a place for you at the table when it’s your time but until then enjoy your life on earth and make sure you tell people about Jesus!

It’s time for me to go now. Everyone sends their love. Have a safe and happy new year my Facebook friends and family! Treat people with kindness and mercy. Forgive people because you’ve been forgiven and love each other as yourself. You don’t have much time there on earth so make the best of it. And no matter what – always remember that Jesus loves you! Make sure you tell any lost soul that He loves them too!
Until we meet again,
Becky

PS – Toot, your daddy sends his love and says to look for the flowers we’ll be sending to you in the spring. He also wanted me to tell you that you and he were right! Elvis Presley did make it up here!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and I can see heaven in my mind so eloquently painted in this blog. Brought me to tears. My Mom is there now too and she arrived way back in 1998. God bless...

    ReplyDelete